An EPFO subscriber can get important information about their EPF account using the SMS service provided by EPFO. Therefore, it is highly important for subscribers to keep their mobile number updated.
When signing up on the EPFO portal, every new member has to register their mobile number but you may want to change mobile number in EPFO account afterward due to any reason. The good news is that it is possible to do so and also, quite easily. In this article, we will provide you with all the details on changing your registered mobile number on the EPFO portal.
Step-by-step guide on how to change mobile number in EPFO account online
If you have changed your mobile number recently, you must update it in your EPF account. Here is how you can change your mobile number in your EPF account online:
- First of all, you need to go to the EPFO web portal or UAN MEMBER e-SEWA portal and sign in using your UAN and password.
- Once logged in, you need to click on the ‘Manage’ tab and from the dropdown, select the ‘Contact Details’ option.
- On the resulting webpage, you will need to choose the ‘Change Mobile Number’ option. This will redirect you to a new section where you will have to enter your new mobile number twice. When you are done, you need to click on the ‘Get Authorization Pin’ option.
- After this, you will receive an OTP on your new mobile number. Enter the received OTP in the provided space and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Thus, now your mobile number is successfully changed and you can avail EPF SMS services on your new mobile number.
How to change mobile number in EPFO when you have forgotten your password
We live in a world where we have to remember dozens of passwords at least. Thus, it is not improbable that someone may forget any password. So, you also may have forgotten the password linked to your EPFO web portal. If that is the case and you want to change your mobile number on the portal, we are here to help you with that.
We have detailed below a step-by-step guide on how you can change your mobile number on the EPFO portal when you cannot remember your password:
- You need to visit the EPFO web portal first of all and then click on the ‘Forgot Password’ option.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter the UAN number and the Captcha code. Once entered, you can click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Then you need to select ‘No’ to the question – “Do you wish to send OTP on the above mobile number?”.
- In the next section, you need to enter your details such as your name, gender, birth date, and then click on the ‘Verify’ button.
- After this, you will have to select Aadhaar or PAN and enter their details. Once entered, select the ‘Verify’ option.
- After the details have been verified, you will be asked to enter your new mobile number and following which, you have to click on the ‘Get OTP’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to your new mobile number. Enter the received OTP in the box provided and then click on the ‘Verify’ button.
- After verification of the OTP, you will see an additional section displayed on the screen. In this section, you will have to enter your new password twice and then click on ‘Submit’.
Your password and mobile number will now be updated on the EPFO portal successfully.
Why should you update your mobile number?
There are plenty of benefits as to why you should make sure that your mobile number on the EPFO portal is always up to date. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- You can obtain the balance of your EPF account by simply sending an SMS from your registered mobile number.
- You can easily check your claim status with the help of your registered mobile number.
- You will get an SMS on your mobile number whenever contributions are made to your EPF account either by you or your employer.
- Upon withdrawing funds from your EPF account, you will be notified through SMS on your mobile number telling you that the amount has been credited to your bank account.
- For transferring your funds from one EPF account to another, you need to have your mobile number registered that you are using currently.
- For validating any process on your EPF web portal, you will be required to enter an OTP on the web which will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Having your mobile number updated on the EPF portal is extremely important for the effective use of all the services provided by the EPFO for every EPF member. This article is meant to help you with changing your mobile number and if you follow the instructions given in this article carefully, you will be easily able to do so. Therefore, now you are ready to change your mobile number on the EPFO web portal and get all the important information about your EPF account delivered to your mobile.